Monday, June 6, 2011

and it's hot, hot, hot...

I officially made my decision to attend graduate school at Immaculata in the fall. This means that I have one more year of eligibility for cross country/track&field. I've been training for about 2 weeks, but I haven't fully made my decision to run. I guess I am more worried about what people would think versus doing it because I want to. Face it, I love to run and I love being part of the team.. why would I deny myself the opportunity to be part of the team? It sounds silly to not do something because I am afraid of what people would think. 

Regardless, I have been training despite not knowing whether or not to run. Training has been good, I've been running in the a.m. before it gets terribly hot. On Friday I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch, then ran in the afternoon. That felt 10x better than running in the morning after not eating or drinking anything. I think I am switching my routine to the evenings because I am fueled from breakfast and lunch. I'm always exhausted in the morning, so this gives me the opportunity to fuel up, plus if I run xc we practice in the afternoon, so i have to get used to the heat. 

I do think that I am going to compete. I will be living with two of my teammates, so not competing will make me feel awful :)

Today is a 40 minute run with a stretching and strengthening routine :) loooove it. Plus I am hitting up the gym to do some weight work and an ab class with my mom. Along with that, I've been getting ready for my interview tomorrow- sounds like a fab. day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment