Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Running is so bittersweet...

Hey ya'll, I can finally run again! I've been cleared to run for about 4 weeks now, I've just been so busy that updating my blog has unfortunatly fallen to the bottom of my list. But I'm back with a new resolve to update more frequently and train harder!

The past few weeks of training have been alright. We've been doing a ton of speedwork combined with long runs. Take yesterday for example, distance went on a 45 "easy" run, and then 4x150 meter pick-ups. It was decent. Monday and yesterday were terrible training days, I felt and ran like crap. Ugh, I hope the meet on Friday goes well.

Between all the homework and classwork for classes, editing/developing stories for the newspaper, the workload from my internship and applying to Ameri-Corps I am pooped out. It's starting to affect my running, and not in a positive light. Oh well, in spite of all things negative, I have to remain positive, keep my head up and keep going.

Our first Outdoor Track meet is Friday at Lebanon Valley College. I am excited, but also nervous. Remember how I had kidney stones back in January/February? Well, I still have one chilling in my right kidney and it has started to agitate me this week. Fabulous. I think I am over-analyzing the whole situation.

BE POSITIVE. BE POSITIVE. BE POSITIVE.

I figure if I keep saying that to myself I'll start to believe it- hopefully at some point today.

Kurt and I signed up to participate in a Rebel Run in June. It's a 3-day campout and the participants can run either Saturday or Sunday. We are running on Saturday, June 18 at 11 a.m. I am so excited! We are running the 5k race, 3.1 miles of grueling military-type obstacles and total MUD! On the plus side, we get free gear, a t-shirt and a beer voucher! Sounds like a great day to me! Camping out is $90, but it seems like it could be fun.

"Human beings are made up of flesh and blood, and a miracle fiber called courage." – George Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment