Monday, January 24, 2011

Circuit: My Worst Nightmare

On Friday we ran at Ursinus College. I felt fabulous, despite pulling my back last Tuesday. My 800 was 2:51 (I think). All of my splits were just about even; 41, 42, 45, 41. The third lap I kinda fell asleep, but I am going to work on it. I felt like I did fall asleep, and I had a bit too much energy left at the end. Oh well, it's all a learning experience and it felt great. I am pretty proud of myself and I am looking forward to improving my times.


Today it was cold outside, so Alex let us run inside. Sprinters did a pool workout (LUCKY) and the mid/distance did a circuit and a 50 minute treadmill workout. I feel fabulous and tired all at once. It's a good kind of exhausted, though. Since the gym was busy during practice, Kevin, Stash and Joe ran first while Sam, Destiny, Eric, Leonard, Chris and myself did the circuit. 


Circuit: shoulder press, lunges, running arms, abs with medicine ball, push ups, jump rope, squats with bar, step ups with weights and bench presses. All were 60 seconds and we did the circuit twice. 


Workout: 50 minutes total on the treadmill. 20 minute warm up, 1.5 mile run at race pace, 20 minute cool down. 


The entire practice was about 2 hours. It felt great, but it was exhausting. I hope all practices are like this! That was I will be exhausted at night and will hopefully be able to get some sleep. 


Lets see how I feel tomorrow morning! :)


It's all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you're properly trained.
Elizabeth II 

No comments:

Post a Comment